Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have an LG front load washer, model: 503kw04337. The

Customer Question

I have an LG front load washer, model: 503kw04337.
The normal cycle started not filling completely. The permanent press cycle definitely fills more, but that doesn't seem to fill enough either. (Or maybe that cycle does, not sure) but the normal cycle definitely is not filling as much as it used to.
I replaced the water level sensor on top and checked that hose for clogged.
Any suggestions what this might be? Could it be the control board?
Thanks,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If

you have been waiting a while I apologize we try to help as

many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

LG washers put in water based on the weight of the laundry load you have put in, it could be that you are just putting in smaller loads than you use to. One trick you can do to find out if this is the case, you can get the clothes damp before starting a load and it will trick the computer into thinking there is a heavier load in the washer and it will add more water. Do not have get them soaking wet because if the washer detects water in the tub it will spin them out and drain before starting the cycle, you just want them damp enough to add a little weight to the load. Other than that replacing the control board is the option.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before

you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional

charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.