Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore elite side by side refrigerator - The ice dispenser

Customer Question

Kenmore elite side by side refrigerator - The ice dispenser will not shut off unless you open the door. How can we disconnect?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It would be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
253.44383406
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am away from home and I am trying to help my wife with this problem. She cannot get someone to come out to help her until next friday.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK perfect. So this model doesn't have the control panel built into the door so what you'll want to do is just remove the top hinge cover of the freezer and just unplug the wire harness at the top of the door. Then you won't be able to use your dispenser but it'll stop the ice dispenser form running constantly until you can get someone out.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.