Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Frigidaire Model LTF2940FS1 goes thru all of its cycles,

Customer Question

My Frigidaire Model LTF2940FS1 goes thru all of its cycles, until it reaches the drain cycle before the spin. It "resets" the cycle timer and pauses there. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Does it pump all the water out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It pumps the water out in the other cycles, but water remains in it at this final "lock up".

Ok if it agitates and does everything else but no spin and does that replace the door latch, that is bad and the cause of your issue.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER PART AND WATCH VIDEO

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks. I have ordered a new door latch. Hope that is all it is!
West

OK sure if not get back to me

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Installed new door latch. Washer appears to be working. Except now "buzzing sound" is always on. Reinstalled switch. Same buzz. Hit Cancel/pause and now door will not unlock???What's up?

There is a chance you got a new bad latch, if you push the door in does it stop buzzing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it keeps buzzing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually if you push lightly in just the right stop it stops

Yes you likely have received a bad door latch or you do not have it mounted correctly...make sure it is mounted straight and screw all the way down tight or that will happen.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks