Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am getting LF code on my new MAYTAG washer. Recently

Customer Question

I am getting LF code on my new MAYTAG washer. Recently renovated laundry room and am getting code since reinstalling washer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

LF means that the water is coming in too slowly to the washer. Make sure you didn't forget to turn the water onto the washer. If you definitely have water getting to the washer, disconnect the hose from the back of the washer and make sure the screens are clean in case gunk got flushed into the screens on the washer receptacle. If that all checks good then you'll need to replace the electronic water valve which is the part that your fill hoses connect to on the washer itself.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maintenance booklet was indicating LF code had to do with drain hose - not water going in. It was referencing 4-1/2" restriction re placement of hose in drain pipe (in other words, waterflow is backing up to washer) NOT draining fast enough and, sort of, backing up. Error code comes on about 16 minutes before the end of a 54 minute cycle.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ignore what your maintenance booklet is telling you. You are talking to a technician who was trained by the factor. LD is the error for a drain issue, not LF.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does "trained by the FACTOR" mean?????
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I mean "trained by the factory". My company is an authorized servicer for Maytag.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where R U? I may need a service person.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm in Denver, but we don't run service calls through this service we just answer your questions. You'd need to find a local technician if you need a service person.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not satisfied with response received. Ignore manual and listen to someone in Denver who doesn't service the machines??????????????
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Um, I certainly do service machines---I just don't through this service. We give out answers on this service that is it.