Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My whirlppol diswahser has many settlings at the top. When I

Customer Question

My whirlppol diswahser has many settlings at the top. When I push "normal" the light for door locked goes on. When I push start the light stays on for a few miutes and then goes off - no wash. How do I reprogram the machine? Thank you. Barbara
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

Have you unplugged the unit? If not unplug it for 10 minutes. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to use the circuit breaker as I couln't access the back of the built in dishwasher. I disconnected the electricty for 10 minutes and then tried the machine again. The same light came on at the same point in the process. Next step?

Please post model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the model is W10431031A. Thnks. Barbara
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my answre? W10431031A. Barbara
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information. I will need the complete model number from the tag around the rubber door seal. It will look like AB1234CDE5.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not work. I couldn't find anything written on the side of the door to the dishwasher. It is a built in so I can't see the metal sides. I will look for the booklet that came with the machine - not where it should be - so I will need to search. Thanks. Barbara
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It will not be on the door. It will be on the tub once the door is opened, right in front of the rubber door gasket.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find any ID with a series of numbers. The only Code nunmber I can find is W10431031A.
Still looing for the booklet. Thanks. Barbara
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Please see the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no "mod".
However, There is a number on both the Spanish side and the English. The Spanish ha the word "norme" before it.
The cnumber is ***** Standard 184. Is this the correct number? Barbara
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No, it is a number just like the link above shows. If it is not on there, I won't be able to provide you with much help.