RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

The drain tube on our Dm2852 refrigerator has disintegrated

Customer Question

The drain tube on our Dm2852 refrigerator has disintegrated and we will need to replace it next spring when we open up again. We can't find how to get into the back of the unit to replace the hose. Is there a panel we remove? Can we get some kind of diagram?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Sorry if this is going to be bad news but on most Dometics the fridge needs to come out to get at the nipple the hose is going to. On some Dometics the the water drain hose comes from inside the fridge. There is a collection try below the cooling fins, the collection try drains into a receptacle that may be removed on some models, you would use a screw driver to pop out the tray with the hose on it and then replace the hose and put the tray back in. So it is going to be one of two ways. Click HERE and HERE and you should be able to tell. IF you need a crash course on getting the fridge out please let me know... Robert