Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

My ariaston model AEWXF129W cycle dial does not change

Customer Question

my ariaston model AEWXF129W cycle dial does not change cycles any longer it turns hard does not click to each cycle type any longer the unit is only 7 months old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

If the timer wont advance this is likely to be a timer motor issue.

If you select just the spin cycle, will it stop?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I talked to Ariston today and they told me that the knob that is installed by the factory has a known issue and is stripped so they are sending me a new knob. The factory installation strips part of the knob and on 5 out of 10 new units have this issue.Changing it is a pain due to the units being stacked in my coach, but at least the washer is stuck on mode 1 which is the long wash cycle.thanks for trying
Steve
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve

Well, thats a new one on me !

Thanks for letting me know

All the best

Rob