Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I change the Lightbulb in a Jenn-Air Microwave oven

Customer Question

How do I change the Lightbulb in a Jenn-Air Microwave oven wall mounted combo Oven & Microwave #JMC8130DDS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

This job is a pain to do, the best way to explain it is watch this video

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please rate my service using the star rating system so I can put this on my done list thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Video you sent is not the same model as I have.
My bulb is behind the upper right inside side panel. The panel has holes in it.
This panel is shown in the Instruction guide for this unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my response?
I have had the unit out I have taken the top off and I still cannot see how to get at the Bulb. Do I have to take the sides off also???? In the Jenn-air Use and care Guide for a JMC I down loaded shows diagrammatically the location of the bulb on Page 6 Item 'D'.
At this point I am giving you more then you are giving me??

Let me see if anyone else has this I will be gone for a bit.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You do not need to take the sides off, you just need to take the top panel off. You won't see the bulb, you'll see the back in of the bulb socket. Part 2 on the diagram I attached below is the bulb you're looking for. Just unscrew it and pull it up and out to replace it. It's installed into the top of the ducting to the right of the microwave cavity.