MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Kenmorewon't heat. It's not the elements or thermal switch.

Customer Question

Kenmore###-##-####won't heat. It's not the elements or thermal switch. There's no voltage to the element terminals. What's the most likely problem, timer switch or something under the drum?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

Do you have 220 to the dryer? Is the thermal fuse measuring closed at the top area of the element housing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the drum and blower run but there's no voltage from the center AC cord wire to either the upper thermal fuse or the lower fuse, or the elements
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

You have a bad timer or the motor switch is not closing for the heater circuit. The two heavy heater wires at the timer are easily seen. Start the dryer and jump them together and see if you get heat. If you do then replace the timer. If no heat then make sure the cycling thermostat is closed and if it is then the motor is bad or a connection to it has burned for the heater.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please tell me the location of the cycling thermostat and motor switch. I'm assuming the timer is in the top console?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The thermostat is on the blower housing by the thermal fuse and the motor switch is on the motor. The timer is in the console of course.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Give me some time to check and I'll get back to you.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

ok