Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I would gladly pay help if I can get my washer to wash

Customer Question

Hi. I would gladly pay for your help if I can get my washer to wash today. My 3 year old Crosley washer filled and the lid locked. The cycle did not continue. I played with the buttons and unplugged it. After that, the lid unlocked. Now the fill light is blinking, the washer is full of clothes and water but will not wash.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

DO you have the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot see numbers. They are probably on the back and this washer is in a tight spot. It's Crosley Heavy Duty Home Washer. Top load, with one big dial on the right and three knobs on the left.

If you lift the top lid you should see the model number tag on the unit there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. The Numbers say..
MOD CAW9444XQ2 and TYPE 587-07

Ok great is the lid still locked and is it full of water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lid is now open and the FILL light is blinking. There is water and clothes in the drum. I can't make it do anything.

OK if you can suck the water out through the drain hose with a shop vac you may have a blocked pump causing the issue or a defective board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I will try that and get back to you.

Ok sounds like a plan!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks