Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have 3 maytag coin op front load washer and lost water

Customer Question

I have 3 maytag coin op front load washer and lost water pressure as they were on. Error code F20 appeared. How do I reset to eliminate code with restored water
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If

you have been waiting a while I apologize we try to help as

many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joel--I am waiting for your response to my original request that I paid $22 for on my credit card this morning. I have three coin-op Maytag washers that have an F20 code because the water supply was cut off temporarily. (mod.MHN30PDBWWO) How do I clear the code? Thank you. Robert Ebner

Hello Robert, to remove the F20 error code which is a water supply error and you have already verified that water is now being supplied to the machine, what you need to do is simply unplug the unit for about 10 minutes and plug it back in. Once you plug it back in it may try to continue running the last cycle it was on before it had the error, if this is the case just let it run.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my

service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before

you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.

You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional

charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Joel--I unplugged one machine overnite, plugged it back in, and still the error code appeared. Any other suggestions. I have three machines all in one row that were being used when we lost water, and all three have the same problem.

Try this: Unplug the units, disconnect the water supply from each one run water from the hoses into a bucket to remove any air that may have got trapped in the line while the water was off. Plug machines back in and just let them be for an hour and see if they do anything. Sometimes air trapped in the lines will cause the problem. Considering they are all three doing this its nothing wrong with the components on the machines.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joel--I disconnected both hot and cold supplies and ran water into a bucket. I left machine unplugged for over an hour, plugged it in, and the error code F20 still appeared. Any other suggestions? I am leaving it unplugged for the night. Bob Ebner

I'm at a loss Bob maybe another tech can be of further assistance.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hey Bob I am a different tech would you still like some help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other suggestions of Joel were not successful. Are you aware of the problem?

Yes to clear the codes

ENTER 'START OPERATING SETUP'

PRESS QUICK CYCLE BUTTON FOR 1 SECOND WHILE IN SETUP UP CODE 6

That should make all the lights light up and all codes should be cleared.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks