Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I recently bought an Amana gh Efficiency Washing Machine.

Customer Question

I recently bought an Amana High Efficiency Washing Machine. The "lid lock" feature light recently came on, and now I can't get the lid to unlock so that I can open it. As instructed on the machine I hold the start/pause/unlock lid for 3 seconds to cancel and nothing happens. The lid locked cycle status will not go out, or off. How can I correct this, or does it need to be repaired by a factory representative, or someone familiar with your products? Thanks for your help and support. Regards, ***** ***** Warnock, Sr.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello David, this is Dave. If the washer senses an overfill situation or there is a control or lid lock failure this can happen. With your washer under warranty you have done all you should do to try to get it unlocked. In this case under warranty you should call where you purchased the washer and have them or their designated authorized repair center make the repair. Sorry it was not something you could do easily.

Do you still need help? Is your washer repaired?