Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have adacor oven that keeps beeping andshows F8 on the

Customer Question

i have adacor oven that keeps beeping andshows F8 on the facethis being the door locking switch what can i do.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

You have to get at the door latch, often the wiring burns up or the switches go bad on the door latch assembly. Check the two microswitches on the assembly and the wiring to them. You will often find a bad wire right there causing the whole issue. The latch assembly is right in the front you have to remove the grill to get at it to check it out.

CLICK HERE PIC OF LATCH MOTOR AND SWITCH

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please rate my service using the star rating system so I can put this on my done list thanks!