Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Norcold n841 not cooling on lp. The flame is burning and

Customer Question

My Norcold n841 not cooling on lp. The flame is burning and looks to have a good shape and is the right color blue. But even on 9 setting it's 60 degrees F inside the unit. On electric I use number 6 setting and it's 35 degrees.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Are you sure the pilot is clean...it probably is not large enough as not much else would cause that issue, you should clean out the pilot.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mine doesn't have a pilot light it uses an electronic ignitor. I've attached some photos of the burner and the information sticker inside the refrigerator. This unit was installed new 1.5 years ago and replace the Dometic that was in place before. I've been on the roof and checked all around for anything blocking ventilation have found nothing. The flame comes on and off as it should. Is there some guideline as to how tall the flame should be?

The flame seems pretty good do you feel good exhaust heat out of the vents?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just pulled the refrigerator out from it's cabinet disassembled the whole burner and chimney assembly cleaned and blew everything out (though it all was pretty clean being new) and cleaned the orifice with a cutting torch nozzle cleaning tool. Reassembled and reinstalled the refrigerator and now it's working. I'm not sure which part was causing the problem or if it was a combination. Had this not worked I was going to have the LP gas regulator checked, but now no need.

Yeah that all needs to be cleaned out the orifice can look good but just the slightest blockage causes that glad it is clean and working!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks