Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a whirlpool quiet partner 1. not sure how old it is.

Customer Question

i have a whirlpool quiet partner 1. not sure how old it is. it was opened while washing, and now clean light is blinking and won't wash. have turned off & on, run cancel, and pressed hot wash/dry or whatever 4 times; panel lit up & blinked, but still didn't solve the problem. any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

IS the clean light blinking 7 times and pausing?

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please rate my service using the star rating system so I can put this on my done list thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't counted. it could be. I also turned the breaker on and off and that didn't work.

OK do you see Normal and Heated Dry buttons on yours?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried pushing each one 4 times each, the panel lights up, it looks like it starts to wash afterward, but then stalls out. Other suggestions?

Can you get me the complete model off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model: DUI055XTPS3
serial: F84212629
thanks
Lisa

SO all the lights light up when resetting it but it will not start correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it sounds like it's starting, but then kinda stalls out after a little while.

Ok does it fill with water at all? Also does it go right back to the 7 flash code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it does throw some water in there. At first, I thought it was working, but could see the food grime still on the door of the washer so I could see that it wasn't washing.

OK does it seem like the motor stops running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it goes, and truly sounds like it's operating normally, then peters out and stops and reverts back to the blinking clean light. I've done cancel/drain, and it also sounds like it's doing something, but then will revert back to the flashing green light.

Oh ok that would mean that the heating element or heating circuit is not working. The heating element is likely burned out causing that issue. That is the most common cause of that failure on that unit, or the terminals at the board for the heating element are bad.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm happy to rate you-i've paid and I still don't have an answer, so I'll rate you as soon as I did. Remember what happened, the dishwasher has always worked fine. someone opened it in the middle of a cycle, and now the clean light is blinking and we have a problem. So I'm thinking it needs some kind of reset. I do not believe that merely opening it while running causes a sudden failure of the heat element. I still have not received a suggestion on what to do to try to reset it from you. Please help.

Press

NORMAL

HEATED DRY

NORMAL

HEATED DRY

DO all the lights light up?

If so press Cancel and that should be reset.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
finally!!! thank you, ***** ***** this when I get home from work.

Yes no problem

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that, and seemed to work but then stopped again. I opened it up and it was very hot. I did the code again and ran it again, so I'll be able to tell when I get home from work whether it finished the cycle. If not, what is the next step?

That is a heating code, the element may be burned out or the wiring at the board may be bad, can you check that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I check that? it seems to be hot in there. all that happened is that someone opened the washer while it was mid cycle. was totally fine before that. is there another code to try?

No when it stops does the clean light flash 7 times?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the clean light IS flashing 7 times.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i put dishes in there, and it looked like they were cleaned, but on closer inspection, still had grime on the plates. seemed to not have finished the cycle. was hot in there, seemed as if it went through heated dry.

Ok have you cleaned out the chopper plate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the chopper plate?

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm confused, are you just asking for a rating? what is the chopper plate? I'm afraid to rate anything until the troubleshooting is complete. that was the point.

Did you not get the CLICK HERE LINK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, there are so many requests to click on this page i did not see it. will try when I get home.thanks

OK try that, since this question has been opened since the 24th I would like to get this done, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
me TOO!

Ditto:)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright, that takes some tools I don't have. I'm an only parent full time working, so I've asked a friend to give that repair a shot. do the lights blinking 7 times mean that is the problem? or is it a possibility, with there being other possibilities and potential fixes? (I have to be cautious in asking people to come do me favors-can't waste one!)
thanks

Are the lights still blinking 7 times?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the light is still blinking 7 times. I have a friend coming to try that repair, but do you really think that's what it is?

If it is still blinking 7 times there is a bad heater or wiring at the board is bad for the heater circuit. More than likely the heater is burned out and the cause of the code for sure, but have him check both. Use an ohm meter to see if there is continuity at across the heater terminals under the unit. If not replace the heater to fix it.

CLICK HERE HEATER

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, but again, it was working just fine until someone opened it during a cycle. does that in of itself cause the heater to go out? and, it IS hot in there

Yes it can just go out, since you have reset it a couple times and the code keeps coming back you have and issue with the heater circuit.