Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a ge gas stove model #jgbp85sej3ss when I turn the

Customer Question

I have a ge gas stove model #jgbp85sej3ss when I turn the large burner on it turns on then blows out and it sounds like there is air in the lines blowing it harder
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Is this a new install? DO all the other burners work fine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a used appliance and yes all the others burners work fine

OK if you light it manually does it just blow out on high? Also have you cleared out the orifice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes when I do it manually it blows out as well and yes I have cleared out the orifice

Ok can you get at the orifice off the valve? DId anyone drill it out or mess with it as these are fixed air shutters and orifices?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nobody used any drill all we did was change the orifices

AHHHHH ok, are you sure you got the right orifices in the right spots they are different sizes for every burner

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I wasn't the one that changed them out originally I just installed it and see if it was working properly

Ok I think you have too large of one for that burner two may have been switched

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please rate my service using the star rating system so I can put this on my done list thanks!