Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Magikitch'n no pilot and flame on right side of gas griddle

Customer Question

magikitch'n no pilot and flame on right side of gas griddle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Can you light in manually?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will lite with piezo lighter but when you let out the button on gas valve it goes out tested thermopile tested at 31pmm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thermocouple tested at 31ppm not the pile sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK got pilot to stay on but now when i let the gas button out burner comes and will not go out

OK so it lights but will not stop and just keeps heating?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the pilot will lite and stay's on,but so well the burner when the control knob is off.Now when I let my finger off the gas valve the pilot and burner will stay.lite. burner control knob has no control on burner to turn the burner off I half to push the gas valve button and then pilot and burner goes out

This sounds like a thermostat issue not a valve issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so to, thank you no more Q. have a nice day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get the star to come up but I give you a 5 star.

You should see a star rating system on your page to select and rate me?

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks