Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I HAVE AN OLDER MAYTAG FRIDGE, MODEL # PBF195HEW. I MOVED IT

Customer Question

I HAVE AN OLDER MAYTAG FRIDGE, MODEL # ***** I MOVED IT TO ANOTHER LOCATION AND PLUGGED IT IN, BUT DOESN,T WORK NOW. HOWEVER LIGHT INSIDE DOES COME ON
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So there is not reset button, but make sure the thermostat inside the refrigerator AND FREEZER is set to a temperature that will cool. Other than that the unit could be in defrost mode which can last up to 45 minutes. If It doesn't start cooling in 45 minutes, then it sounds like the thermostat failed in the transition when you moved it so the thermostat behind the dial you turn to adjust the temperature inside the freezer will need to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for thermostat

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.