Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a 2012 KitchenAid model KFX s25 ryms 2 Regarding the

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2012 KitchenAid model KFX s25 ryms 2
Regarding the bottom 2 side by side trays of freezer compartment
Im tryiing to them to clean acumulated ice in the bottom of the freezer itself and cannot figure out how to do this
There are four tabs two on each side of the trays I can't get them to release the trays. Please help thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Those bins can be tricky, you almost need two people and a pliers and a flat screwdriver. You should first press the tab in on the flat two tabs and just lift them up enough to get past that lock tab, have someone help hold them up and squeeze the two other squeeze tabs while lifting up one then hold it up and do the other....I do these all the time and I have a second guy to help as it hard to hold them up without them clipping back down all the time.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please rate my service using the star rating system so I can put this on my done list thanks!