Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Have a Kenmore elite dishwasher. Complete light blinking and

Customer Question

Hi have a Kenmore elite dishwasher. Complete light blinking and can't get it to do anything.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

IS the light flashing any pattern at all if you count the flashes between pauses?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
flashes 4 then pause and 4 again.

This is a motor error, something is wrong with the motor or a problem has been detected with the motor, on this unit most times that motor just fails, it has a circuit board on the motor and they all seem to go bad causing that issue.

Here is a link to the part

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I test to verify problem? I don't want to just throw parts at it. I'm an aircraft and auto mechanic for 30+ years so I know how that works. Also I have a working knowledge of multi meters. Thanks

Have you tried to put it in service mode?

■ Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between keys. ■ The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I did that and i hear noise but no water. Pressed cancel and drain is working. Ill try washing in a few. Thanks, ***** ***** in touch. Got more response than we have had. Anything else up your sleeves?

OK make sure the dome float is down in the corner of the unit and nothing is stuck under it. Try and start a cycle and see if you can get it to fill with water. Let me know if it fills.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dome float, front rt as I face? Free and cpins easily. Tried to start, I can hear solenoids clicking but no water and stops. Complete light no longer blinking. Did notice heat element is warming. Thank you

OK the float should move up and down freely and do you have water supply to the unit?

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please rate my service using the star rating system so I can put this on my done list thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still have problem checked power and resistance at water supply switch that seems good.have to take hose and check after work. Ill be in touch. Any other thoughts? Thanks

So basically it starts but you get no water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can hear some solenoids clicking but no water.

Can you check for power to the fill valve?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have power.there, but momentarily. I suspect heating element cuts it off.

Did you check the heater?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Heater gets hot had issuues today so I get to work again tues. Be in touch.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He didi well, didn't help me, buti aint complaining. I would use again. Thanks.