MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a Maytag frig model #MF12665XEB5 not making ice. The

Customer Question

I have a Maytag frig model #MF12665XEB5 not making ice. The water works fine. I read on another troubleshooter that one of the options was to replace water filter still no ice.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

IF you have water dispensing at the door then there is a 99.9% probablility that the icemaker has simply failed here as that is very common. Pull the icemaker out and see if there is ice in the mold. IF there is then replace the icemaker and if there is none then pour some water to just fill the cube recesses and see if ice drops after a few hours. IF it does drop then post back for more checks and if it does not drop then replace it.

This video shows how to access it, and this DOES apply to your unit as all these french door models are the same build. The only difference may be how the icemaker looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUEohnX1EUY