Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a rental unit with a kitchen aid range with

Customer Question

I have a rental unit with a kitchen aid range with convection oven. Model KESC307HWH4. The tenant says that all burners and the oven have either high heat or low heat. nothing in-between. I always thought each switch controlled each element so I am a little baffled as to what device would effect all elements the same?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

I think your tenants are wrong, these are all independently controlled by their own burner switches. All the burner switches are controlled separately so I think they may just not be used to how it works as they would not all be bad.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My guess too. I sent an email to the tenant to clarify.

Yes I think they probably are not use to a glasstop unit they are probably working fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said the front left with the inner and outer burners does not work with inner outer at same time. The right front works high or low. I don't think the inner and outer work together and they said nothing about the other burners or oven this time. Sorry for the confusion.

SO they are not working on high? The burner should full glow when on high. I would prefer you go over and check it out as you may not even be getting the right story, tenants are often unreliable for information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I've got the straight skinny on this now. The front dual left burner only heats on high both burners. The right front burner only heats on high and turns itself off. The two back burners are fine. The oven does not heat to the desired temperature. I am thinking two new switches for the front burners and a temperature sensor for the oven. Correct?

Yes I would say I would replace those parts and you should be good to go!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was checking the part numbers online and they list multiple parts for the right front switch, but not sure which one? Infinite? Reg surface? 1500, 1800 or 2200 watt? The dual burner switch was the only one offered so that was easy. But which switch for the right front?

Go to this link and contact them to get the right ones, only the part suppliers have the link to the factory lookups for the exact switch for each position

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am at the rental unit right now and could use some help on the dual burner switch. The connections are not numbered the same on the new switch. There is enough terminals to connect all the wires but working with 220v I would rather not guess. I can send pictures if that would help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What happen to the $28 I paid? More money to help solve the problem? What kind of racket is this?