Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a ge pt970- 30" double wall oven. Microwave works

Customer Question

we have a ge pt970- 30" double wall oven. Microwave works great. We cannot seem to get the convection over to start. The control panel seems to function alright. This is the first attemp on using the oven since installation.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

The convection is a 120 volt heater so it does take awhile to heat up how long have you let it preheat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I explained that earlier
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you find my question I asked at the beginning. I will wait
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we installed a new gept970- 30" double oven. we cannot get the convection oven to start heating. The micr is working fine and the control panel , fan and light works. We followed the instructions and used all functions and it wont work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What more do you want at this time
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it produces no heat at all in convection mode, either the element is not getting energized, the element is faulty or the control is not working. I suspect it may be a wire off, since it is new. I would recommend calling for warranty service, 1-800-GE-CARES.