MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Tyler I have a dd601 fisher and paykal dishwasher. Bottom

Customer Question

Hi Tyler
I have a dd601 fisher and paykal dishwasher. Bottom draw works fine but the top draw doesnt.
The problem is the top draw wont fill with water.
It runs for a while then it beeps and brings up u1 fault.
I have replaced the electronic water valve and the controller board but it has not solved the problem.
Would you have some idea please?
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

This is quite old- I would not be pouring a lot of money into it to keep it going. The biggest issue with these are the wire harnesses. IF any ends look overheated then you will need to replace them as they are not making good contact. The drawers use the same parts, so you could have simply swapped parts to find your issue instead of buying them first, so you may want to try that to resolve this issue. The motor can also be an issue here, so swap the drawers and see if it works like that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. I see yes i have tried swapping out parts. Only part i replaced as part of this issue has been the electronic water valve, the others were changed for different reasons. I thought you had a more in depth thought on the issue.
I followed the U1 service guide to eliminate faults. It runs on HP setting and the controller puts out 24V. Only issue left, would be the wiring harness like you said. Do the motors generally fail in this model is there a way to test?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

Anything can fail and there is a hall sensor on the motor that can fail as well. Swap the drawers out as that will help you figure out if the wire harness is an isssue or not. If you methodically do this you will find the problem. There is no more in-depth info I can give you as nothing but swapping parts here is going to solve this since there is no testing that can be done.