Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytg ModelMF12067AES The fron door handle on the Freezer

Customer Question

Maytg ModelMF12067AES The fron door handle on the Freezer Department has come loose. What do I need to do to put it back on. The screw is in the handle, but canot see how to put it back in and tighten it up ghalpin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So you must first remove the entire handle. To remove the handle you just grab the handle and it pulls straight to the left if you jerk hard. Now if the installers remove the handle to get it through your door way in your house, sometimes they'll install it backwards so you'll need to pull it right really hard to remove it instead of left.

Now once the handle is removed, pry out the screw in the handle and re-screw it back into the door (hopefully it's not stripped out or you'd need a new door). Then just place the handle back and slide it to the right again to lock the handle into place.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Followed your instructions but handle did not come off. It is loose, but still attached.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It either pulls to the left or the right, those are the only ways to remove the handle, there are no other options so you may need to jerk harder.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your instrctions were not complete. I pulled tugged and got nowhere. finally looked under the handle and found a small set screw. Had to undo that to get the door handle completely off. Will see how much problem I have putting it back together. ghalpin
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ah I apologize about that. Some of these handles do have a tiny allen wrench set screw as you said.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would have been nice to know that.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it's a lot easier being there in person. They made 2 different styles of handles for this model.