Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a maytag mfi2568aes with a code of 0302. Replaced main

Customer Question

Have a maytag mfi2568aes with a code of 0302. Replaced main control and am now attempting to program code. Press and hold door alarm then freezer down then release door alarm. Pe comes up hit freezer down get 4 zeros. Enter 0302 press freezer down to store and it beeps like code is bad. Unplugged unit. Tried 3x same issue. Any idea?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what part number you are installing and what are the first 2 digits of your serial number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Part w10310240 10
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You got the wrong board for your serial number I'm afraid. That is the board for serial numbers that start with 12 or higher. You need part number 12920710 which is why it won't program. It's a common mistake since there is a serial break on this model. The board you have no just won't work for your refrigerator.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.