Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Haier Model RWT 360 BW Approx. 1 yr old not under warranty

Customer Question

Haier Model RWT 360 BW Approx. 1 yr old not under warranty because purchased used about 6 months ago worked fine until yesterday have gone through reset (unplug/replug/open & close top 6 times in 12 seconds). Filled with water. In any position lighted diode lights up, washer attempts to start (in spin will both try to start and pump water out) for less than 1 second, then quit. Gives a double beep. Can reset and accomplish same 1 second start by going to off, pressing button (all lights disappear), and after short wait can try again ... same 1 second respond. Only other item noticed: agitator can not only be rotated (which I think is normal) but it also feels very "sloppy", able to swing it back and forth 1/2 inch or more without outside drum moving.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

This sounds like a motor issue

Access the motor and check for signs of damag, especially if its siezed or the carbon brushes are damaged

Let me know what you find

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still interested, but between a granddaughter in a major car accident yesterday, church this morning, and a close friend having a heart attack this afternoon and a meeting this evening this is the first time I cold get back on line. I will hold off on rating until we have an opportunity to explore issues. I begin by not feeling great about the word motor -- it usually relates to another word -- money. Please suggest my process of checking out the motor .. if this needs to hold over to tomorrow that will be OK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do add one thought. I never really checked this before, but the agitator can be "jiggled" back and forth (not just turning -- still feels like it is connected soundly to the motor) without the drum moving back and forth. Is that the way they are made or is there a possibility that this relates to the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is now the 28th and I have received no response from a new technician.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

I am a different tech and just saw your post do you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see your reply came mid-afternoon, probably about the time I left for a while. I am at home this evening. I do still need help. Situation is the same as I first reported. I will try the e-mail route first and then, if appropriate, ill gladly move to the phone. Thanks for your reply.