Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My GE dishwasher has a large amount of residue on the

Customer Question

My GE dishwasher has a large amount of white residue on the dishes. Can I DIY the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the glasses get cloudy, you'll need to scrub them clean by hand with hot water and vinegar because the dishwasher can't get the film off the glasses once the film is baked and dried onto the glasses. That being said, this is actually a very common issue lately and you'll need to use an additive called "Finish Power Boost" (blue bottle with a red cap) which you add to your detergent. In addition to that, be sure to use Jet Dry Turbo (not just normal Jet Dry) as your rinse agent. About 6 months ago, detergent companies changed their formulas and removed phosphates in the detergent due to regulations which makes them not perform well at all, but they are better for the environment.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.