Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Just received a Whirlpool Duet washer today. Installer left

Customer Question

Just received a Whirlpool Duet washer today. Installer left after turning it on & saying the shut off valve was leaking. I had to unplug the running washer because I needed to shut off the water. Got the valve fixed & when I plug it in, door locked light is flashing but control panel is unresponsive. What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

You can try to tip the unit up against the wall about 45 degrees set it back down and plug it back in. If the control is still unresponsive you got a lemon. Just makes sure the outlet is good, with a unresponsive control that is a dud for sure especially with the first message unless water got to the control and shorted it out.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks