Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Moffat/Camco refrigerator M# MLF1537T-7 that was

Customer Question

I have a Moffat/Camco refrigerator M# ***** that was just cleaned. Now the compressor doesn't stop, gets quite hot and blows warm air inside. I took the cold switch off (we have no technicians here- Queen Charlotte Islands) it seems shorted across the 2 contacts but I think thats ok, its a rheostat isn't it? Can you help me? Glenn.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the compressor is running and no cold is being produced, it has to be an issue with the cooling system, not the thermostat. The thermostat simply opens and closes to either run or shut the compressor off. I suspect you may have a leak and the refrigerant has escaped. Repair will exceed value of machine, so I would recommend look at replacing the appliance.