Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

GE WWSE5240G1WW Washer; no agitate or spin and no light

Customer Question

GE WWSE5240G1WW Washer; no agitate or spin and no green light flashing on circuit bd. atop motor. Suspect control bd. Would like to place a jumper, 120 VAC to motor directly to be sure motor runs with applied voltage. Have followed motor reset protocol. Also have unplugged/replugged gang wire connectors at motor circuit bd.
Can 120VAC be jumpered to motor for momentary test? Measured voltage at 5 wire gang plug at motor cir. bd. shows ~52 VAC on all 5 bd. stubs.
Thnx.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

If the light isn’t blinking then the fuse is most likely blown. The fuse is inline the wires under tape on the right side of the washer. The motor could have caused the fuse to blow after all that is why the fuse is there but most of the time replacing the fuse will repair the washer. If not you have a bad motor. Here is a link to the fuse part number WH49X10055

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my

service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before

you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.

You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional

charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

It's the red & white wire with black shrink wrap, just thought I should clarify.

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please rate my service using the star rating system so I can put this on my done list thanks!