Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Samsung refrigerator. The ice maker has stopped

Customer Question

I have a Samsung refrigerator. The ice maker has stopped working. I tried to reset the ice off indicator by pressing the cubed ice button for awhile... It didn't work. I pressed the reset button on the ice maker and this didn't work, either. I am assuming that I need a new ice maker. The motor still works when I hit the ice wanted lever--just no ice...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If your display says Ice OFF, press the CUBED and CRUSHED ice buttons together for 5 seconds and that should remove the ice/off light.

Otherwise, the icemaker is definitely not your problem if you can get the icemaker to cycle it just doesn't make ice. You could have a frozen water line or a bad electronic water valve not sending water up to the icemaker.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, good. But, still not working...
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Well if it removed the Ice Off sign, you don't know if it's working or not. You have to wait 24 hours to see. If it doesn't then as I said before, you could have a frozen water line or a bad electronic water valve not sending water up to the icemaker. You can unplug the unit for 24 hours to be sure any frozen line would be thawed out, or you can disconnect the water line and the valve and blow through it to see if it's clear. If not then you need to thaw it out with a hair dryer somewhere wherever it's frozen. If it's not frozen and it's clear---then you need to replace the water valve.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a refund. I asked twice--paid for much more than I bargained for!! I will pay the first fee, but please refund my second fee.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK understood. I marked your other question as a duplicate so that second charge should be corrected when customer service can get to it. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.