John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an old Viking range, purchased in 2001. I would like

Customer Question

I have an old Viking range, purchased in 2001. I would like to change the riser in the back but the parts are no longer available. Is it possible to retro fit a new riser? Is the riser necessary?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

You are talking about the stainless piece that goes along the back edge and stand up about 6-8 " correct?