Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Gsh25jstass external panel not working. Fridge is now warm.

Customer Question

gsh25jstass external panel not working. Fridge is now warm. Internal Lights are on. Is this somethin that can be fixed. House was not used for an extended period.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the front dispenser panel doesn't illuminate at all, unplug the refrigerator and remove the the hinge cover on the freezer door hinge to expose the wire harness going into the freezer door. Unplug the plastic molex connector and check for any damage in the wire terminals. If you see damage, try to clean it with a toothbrush. If it all looks good, you either have a bad display board or a bad main control board, usually the main control board is the culprit on the back of the refrigerator so that is the part I would replace first. If you order the part from Repairclinic.com they allow returns should you need to return it and get the other board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.