Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a subzero 601R, the bottom shelf has a puddle of

Customer Question

I have a subzero 601R, the bottom shelf has a puddle of water and it doesn't seem to be draining
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The tube just pulls off but sometimes they silicone it to the nipple on the trough so that it doesn't leak so you may need to twist and pull straight down to remove it. As for the coil, that is a heat element so the drain hose doesn't freeze. To clean the hose, blow compressed air through it if you have compressed air. And scrub the hose with 10% bleach/90% water solution if you think you see mold in it.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

I am a different tech that white coil is just part of the tube, it is not a heater. That is Sub Zero's drain tube it is clear with a white metal coil. The drain gets clogged up on the trough and sometimes way down below where the tube exits to the pan on that unit, it is just a slip fit on the pan..so check the defrost trough behind the crisper drawers to see if it is overflowing.

This is the drain tubing you are talking about if it is really bad you can replace it

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can replace it, but cleaning is completely acceptable as well.

Just let me know if you need anything else

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you all I ask is please rate my service thank you

Appliance Guru