Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore washer machine the 70 series and it will

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore washer machine the 70 series and it will not go into the spin cycle after filling, but if you spin the control around and put it in spin , it will work and does not go into the spin cycle after the 2nd rinse either. can you help ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The only thing that can cause your issue is the timer itself. The cam inside the timer isn't hitting all the correct contacts when it advances on it's own but if you manually turn it, it will cause it to engage correctly. You'll need to order and replace the timer to fix the issue so below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for timer

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.