Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE Profile WHSB9000: Hot water slowly going into machine.

Customer Question

GE Profile WHSB9000: Hot water slowly going into machine. Cold is fine. Good supply of hot water going to machine and screen if free of any debris. Water is hot just goes in slowly. Don't know why?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning! If you're certain that the washer is getting good pressure from the hot water line and the screen is clear of debris, your solenoid on your valve assembly is just restricting the flow and not opening all the way. Its a very common way for these vales to fail. Either way, you'll need to order and replace the dual solenoid valve which is the part that your water supply hoses connect to on the back of the washer. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.