Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Will, my kitchenaid double wall oven is tripping the circuit

Customer Question

Hi Will, my kitchenaid double wall oven is tripping the circuit breaker. I already replaced the circuit breaker and still have the same problem. It trips just seconds after resetting it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

If it is instantly tripping you have a dead short, can you get to the wiring at the terminal block on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have the unit out of the wall and the covers off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?

Yes I am still here, your messages are delayed to me so it takes sometimes 1-10 minutes for me to see the them. I would have someone trip the breaker and watch it you should be able to locate either a wire shorted to ground or the board burned and tripping, when I have these issues it is easiest to have someone trip the breaker and just watch with the lights low, you should see a flash or be able to listen and locate the short quickly. I would focus around the board and incoming power area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try it and get back with you

Ok sounds good!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now it's not tripping, any advice?

You may have a wire that is burned through, do all the functions work?