Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our freezer is freezing but the fridge is warm. Cleared all

Customer Question

Our freezer is freezing but the fridge is warm. Cleared all vents. Don't have any frost build up. Air flow from bottom vent but not the top.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you don't have frost build up and the fan in the freezer is running, your damper assembly in the upper back left corner of your refrigerator has just failed or is packed with frost because it's not allowing air to flow through. You'll need to remove the damper and if it's packed with frost, thaw it out with a hair dryer. Other than that, if it's not packed with frost and you're certain the evaporator coils aren't packed with frost, make sure that the vent hole to the right of the evaporator coils which goes over to the refrigerator down at the bottom is open and not blocked off with ice. If that all checks good, order and replace the damper assembly to fix the issue so below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for damper assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.