Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The thermostat came and i installed it and its working. But

Customer Question

The thermostat came and i installed it and its working. But now the fridge part is getting way too cold, I've turned down both thermostats as low as they can go and stuff is still freezing in the bottom half of the fridge
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The thermostat could have come faulty or possibly you didn't put the sensing bulb in the air flow coming from the freezer. Other than that, just return it and get a new one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a large through hole in the bottom of the fridge (2 x 3 inches oval) thats letting cold air come through unchecked to the fridge, I'm not sure if this had a cover on it or not, do you know?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That's the return air vent to suck air from the refrigerator to the freezer and that will always be open.