Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My front load washer has power but will not turn off or

Customer Question

My front load washer has power but will not turn off or allow any of the other functions operate. What might be the problem and can I fix it or do I need a repair man. The washer is also full of water and I can't get lit to drain or move the washer from its position. I have heard of some way to reprogram it using a cell phone but I fins that hard to believe. Thanks in advance for your quick response
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You can't reprogram this washer using a cell phone--Miele units you can. But if the washer isn't draining it sounds like that might be your problem as to why the unit won't work. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. Unplug the washer to start. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so if you can to make the water go to the back of the tub and you can see the screws easier. If you can't do that then that's ok. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.