Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Washer stops at spin cycle. Have to reset to drain and spin

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Can you get me the model number off the tag the one listed is not valid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where can I find the number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What tag?

It should be on the frame edge when you open the lid or the door..or on the back edge of the console.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MVWC425BW

OK does it stop and do the lights flash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It stops and the light stays on.

OK does the unit drain out water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no only when I reset to the drain and spin setting

OK but will it drain then fine? If so tip the unit up against the wall and make sure the belt is on and in tact...if so you likely have a bad mode actuator....CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will drain and spin, then I can put in dryer

OK the actuator may be still bad causing that issue, if it is hanging up they often will stop around Rinse...I would try that part for the issue or put the unit into diagnostic mode and pull the last stored error code, there is a tech sheet taped to the inner panel wall on the unit if you tip it against the wall. The board could be bad causing the issue but you would have to put it in diagnostic mode to see.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what inner panel, do you mean the bottom?

Yes if you tip the unit against the wall look up inside the cabinet on the back side of the front panel you will find the taped tech sheet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me get back to you, my phone is in use right now

OK No problem