Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an Electric Range with Model # LFEF30181WE Serial #

Customer Question

I have an Electric Range with Model # ***** Serial # ***** My problem is when I turn on the over, the broil heats up within 2 minutes. I have made sure it is plugged in all the way. It started a couple days ago when I was baking 2 different items and I baked the first one and it was fine and when I finished putting the other one in, all of sudden the broil came on and burnt the top of the bar. I left it rest for a day or 2 and now when I turn on the oven, the broil comes on with in 2 minutes. Any thing I can do?
Carol XXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the broiler is turning on and it's not supposed to during bad (keep in mind it will come on during preheat to heat the oven quicker), then you have a bad control board. The control board itself will need to be replaced to resolve the issue.