Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a WHirlpool Refridgerator Model ED5VHEXVQ00 Serial

Customer Question

I have a WHirlpool Refridgerator Model ED5VHEXVQ00 Serial #HRW3048921 bought in Sept 08
It has been working fine til now the flap that allows the ice to come down won't close and so the room air keeps it dripping and it also freezes the auger and the part where the ice comes out. CAn i buy just the flapper part that needs to close to keep the room air out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So you can just buy the flap, and below is a link to the part as well as a video that shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for kit

But before you order the kit, make sure the hinges on the dispenser cavity for the ice chute paddle are not broken at the top. If these break (which is common), you need a different kit and below is a link to that kit.

CLICK HERE for hinge kit with flap

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.