Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washing machine would not drain because something is

Customer Question

My washing machine would not drain because something is stuck in the filter. I drained the water through the pipe but still can't get the filter to open. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you can't get the filter open you have a major task in front of you because you'll need to take the washer completely apart from the top down so that you can get to the hose between the tub and the pump. That means you'll need to remove the top panel, the control panel, disconnect the rubber door gasket, remove the dispenser, and remove the entire front panel so that you can get to the hose between the tub and pump. When you disconnect this hose you should find a sock or something like that stopping the filter from pulling out, but be ready because all the water in the tub will come flooding out as well. Unless you're incredibly handy, this is probably a job better left to a technician at this point.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.