Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The bulb went out in my Panasonic microwave NN-SN744S. I

Customer Question

the bulb went out in my Panasonic microwave NN-SN744S. I need a replacement bulb and directions on how to install it. Special screws deny me access to the interior.
jimberger@ earthlink.net
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So first, below is a link to the bulb you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for bulb

As for gaining access to replace the bulb, you need to unplug the microwave and remove all the screws coming in from the back of the microwave going into the outer shell around the border on the right, left, and top edges. Then remove the screws coming in from the right and left side and the entire outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off. Some of the screws will require a SAFETY TORX T20 bit which you can pick up a bit set at your local Lowes store usually. When the outer shell is removed, you'll see the base of the bulb clipped in just behind the control panel area toward the top and you can just remove it and replace it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.