Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Tyler - I have a question on the MLE2000AYW Machine won't

Customer Question

Hi Tyler - I have a question on the MLE2000AYW
Machine won't spin. Sounds like it's this wax motor thing I've been hearing about. I have a replacement wax motor, but it also doesn't activate. Strange thing is that I get 120V across the input terminals to the new wax motor but it still won't move. I've removed it from the locking mechanism and same thing, with 120V the plunger does not move. I hooked up the motor directly to a 120V household circuit at the motor activates. Is there something that is delivering the 120V to the wax motor but perhaps with not enough current to activate the plunger?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So this is a well known problem and whenever the wax motor goes bad, it shorts out the main control board for the washer and the control board must be replaced or it won't send power to the wax motor. The main control board is actually mounted under the top sheet metal panel on the top of the DRYER since this is a stack unit. Below is a link to the board you'd need to order and replace to resolve this issue.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.