Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Tyler, I just opened this up looking on my Maytag washer. It

Customer Question

Hi Tyler, I just opened this up looking for help on my Maytag washer. It is a #SAV2655AWW model and the belt broke. Want to have my son replace it and looking for instructions on how to do it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sure thing, below is actually a video on how to replace the belt. I will worn you that often times removing the pump is difficult because it sticks to the motor shaft so if you run into issues you may have to pry the pump off with a large flat head screwdriver after removing the 3 screws and replace the pump. Sand the shaft of the motor if it won't slide back on smoothly or else the pump will get ruined when you install the pump.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.