Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore washer; towards the end of the spinning

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore washer; towards the end of the spinning cycle, the tub starts making a loud clicking noise like its unbalanced. I must turn it off. It occurs on every cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you get a clicking sound and it's only occurring during the spin cycle, either the clutch is slipping and needs to be replaced, or the basket is spinning on top of the drive block. You'll need to take the washer apart to check the drive block and make sure it doesn't look stripped out. If that all checks good, then replace the clutch. Below is a video for both accessing the drive block as well as replacing the clutch.

CLICK HERE for drive block and drive block video at bottom of link

CLICK HERE for clutch and clutch video at bottom of link

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My credit card has be charged $5.00 SIX times; what is going on?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I couldn't say. I'm not in charge of the billing---I only answer your appliance questions. But you failed to rate my service for my help, I can see that. You would need to speak with customer service as to why your card was charged that many time. I apologize for the inconvenience.