Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a GE countertop microwave - Model JES1456DS2WW -

Customer Question

We have a GE countertop microwave - Model JES1456DS2WW - Serial No. FF200144L. In the past, I have simply pushed TIME COOK, then pushed START (START IS ON THE SAME BUTTOM AS PAUSE) and the microwave starts cooking for whatever time I selected. We had a 3 hour power outage yesterday. I have reset the CLOCK several times and have unplugged the unit from the wall several times. Now, when I push TIME COOK and then START - the amount of time disappears and the word FOOD is displayed instead - and, of course, no cooking occurs. Can I fix this or do I need to buy a new microwave?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately you just have a bad display control board. This can be replaced if you wanted to fix the microwave but the cost for the board is rather expensive. The part number for the display board is WB27X11179 and it costs about $60. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model number. The display board is just like the mother board in a computer so it controls everything and unfortunately is very weak against power outages.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.